Probate is the legal process that takes place after someone dies. It often involves:
- Proving in court that a deceased person's will is valid
- Identifying and inventorying the deceased person's property
- Having the property appraised
- Paying debts and taxes
- Distributing the remaining property as the will directs
Shapira, Hutzelman and Smith represent beneficiaries and fiduciaries, including executors, trustees, conservators, and guardians, in the following areas:
- Accounting Actions
- Claims Against Fiduciaries
- Trust Contests and Reformation
- Will Contests
- Will and Trust Construction and Litigation
We take special care during these difficult times to represent families with caring and compassionate counsel, guidance and direction. Our firm is well aware of the stress that legal proceedings often times add to a difficult situation and we strive to complete the formal process as quickly as possible while maintaining an eye towards the expressed goals of clients. Experience enables us to counsel surviving spouses and children during this transition and help them make sound legal decisions for their future.
Contact Attorney Stephen H. Hutzelman to answer any questions you may have.